On 12 May 2009, at 10:56, Marky Marc wrote:

> I'm brand new to sage and have just read "Sage for Newbies". Thanks
> Ted kosan for that. I have several questions.
>
> Immediately I wanted to do some work with sage and am loath to just do
> maths without documenting things as I go. Thus I really want to know
> how to use "Usage Styles", which are mentioned in Kosan's book but not
> documented yet.  Where can I get info on "Usage Styles"?
>
> Or, at the very least, I'm happy to use print statements, but how do I
> print arbitrary TeX math's for markup by jsMath? (ie just as
> documentation, not by using show(.) on objects.)

It is worth looking at some of the notebook worksheets on the sage
public server:

http://www.sagenb.org/pub

You can download copies of any of the public worksheets, then load the
copy onto your server.  Or, create your own account on the sage public
server, and edit a copy of any worksheet there.

I'm very new to sage myself, so perhaps I have not yet found the
optimum solution.  For the moment, I am embedding latex math equations
in html, like:

The html explanatory notes go between the cells, and are entered after
clicking the "Edit" button while viewing a worksheet.  You can see an
example of what I created:

https://99.240.209.8:8000/home/pub/11

--
Kevin Horton