I'm not very lucky with the Sage software : binaries don't work under
Ubuntu (cf. my recent post on this forum) and, on the other and, under
Windows XP, I'm experimenting exactly the same problem as above. More,
under Ubuntu, sources don't compile without error. So I even cannot
try Sage, whatever the OS is, very frustrating :( and consequently I
keep using Maple ...

My machine is old but wide-spread Dell-Optiplex GX-240 with Pentium IV
1.60GHz processor + 512 MB ram running under Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu
Hardy Heron.