Dear Chuck,

In general, it's easier for us to help with specific examples.  Is
there one really nasty plot you can post here, so we can try it out?
Especially one without ANY numbers is troubling.  That shouldn't be
happening.  Also, please let us know what version of Sage you are
using, and on what system.

Somewhere deep in plot? there is documentation about how to use
gridlines.  Try http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/sage/plot/plot.html
and search for "gridlines" (under the options for show, but they
should also work in plot).

On the other hand, if you are looking for numerical values, perhaps
some sort of find_root function would be better?  This is just an
idea, it may not be what you mean.

As for publishing, it publishes to wherever your server is located -
in most cases, on your own computer.  However, you can download the
worksheet, upload it to www.sagenb.org, and then publish it there for
the world to see.  Good luck!

Hope this helps - feel free to follow up if it is confusing!

- kcrisman