On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Franco Saliola <sali...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:14 AM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM, davidgal...@gmail.com
>> <davidgal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I downloaded the G4 PowerPC dmg file (all 409 MB) and gried to mount
>>> it.
>>> Received a message that the file was damaged. Mounted it anyway and
>>> tried to
>>> copy it to my hard disk. The copy failed.
>>>
>>> I note that the dmg contained a folder named "sage" rather than the
>>> sage.app
>>> which appeared on the intel dmg.
>>>
>>> This broken file syndrome had occurred on an earlier mark of sage.
>>
>> I built the binary.  I recall that the build machine has a
>> case-sensitive filesystem, so that's likely the problem.      Harald
>> -- can you remove the binary, then add a new one if somebody else
>> provides ones for that machine.  I can't build one, evidently, since
>> the build machine I have access to is actually not mine.
>
> I have access to a PowerPC G4 with 10.4.11. I can try my hand at
> producing the binary. Can someone help me out and point me to the
> instructions?

I created a binary, hopefully I did it correctly. I've put it up temporarily at:

http://garsia.math.yorku.ca/tmp/sage-binaries/sage-4.3-osx10.4-PowerMacintosh-Darwin.dmg

The md5sum is 2936bd3b72004ef12c2d6b3bcc5fa8dc.

Harald: please let me know when you've downloaded it so that I can take it down.

Take care,
Franco