Jack and All,  Try opening up a new worksheet and rename it.  Then try
a 3D plot from the new work sheet.  I have had a problem with 3D plot
after I rotate a plot in a worksheet and then save it.  After that I
can not get 3D plot to work in that worksheet, however, if I open a
new work sheet it works fine. At least that is my current theory.  I
am not sure the problem is reproducing.   I am running Ubuntu 9.1 64
bit out of a Virtualbox running on Windows 7 professional.  I have
compiled sage in Ubuntu and am not using the binary distribution of
Sage.  Mike