2010/1/28 Dr. David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net>:
> Bill Hart wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it is with pleasure that we (finally) officially release MPIR 1.3.0.
>> It is available at our website http://www.mpir.org/
>>
>> Please note the following important things:
>>
>> * I have been unable to get any tests to pass on ultrasparc2 machines,
>> including t2 (solaris) and gcc54 (linux).
>
> 't2' is not an UltraSPARC II machine. It is a sun4v architecture, with T2+
> processors.

OK, but it doesn't build on t2, whatever architecture that is. It used
to, and we haven't changed anything sparc related, that I know of.

> UltraSPARC II is pretty old now. I can't say I know exactly what machines
> have that.
>
> Can you give further examples on machines on which this does not build?

gcc54, which according to http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm

is gcc54  9084  36G     0.5  GHz TI UltraSparc IIe (Hummingbird) / 1.5
GB RAM / Sun Netra T1 200

That is the only other machine which it is failing on.

> The nearest I have is an UltraSPARC-IIe. I also have an UltraSPARC-III+
>
> I'll try a build on these later and let you know.

Thanks.

Bill.