On 28 January 2010 23:46, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> One sensible solution would seem to be to set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64=/usr/local/gcc-4.4.1-sun-linker/lib/sparcv9 on t2,
> but this actually doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure why.
>
> However it seems that one can just add
> /usr/local/gcc-4.4.1-sun-linker/lib/sparcv9 to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (it
> doesn't matter whether at the beginning or end) and this fixes the
> problems on t2. Shouldn't this be done globally for all users?
>
> Bill.

If that is so, then I can do it.

I'm somewhat puzzled why this should be necessary - I have not set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include lib/amd64 (the Solaris equivalent on x64).
i.e. it  MPIR works on my Open Solaris Xeon based machine, without
adding any 64-bit specific directory.

It's 4:40 AM here. I just woke up and read my emails, but I hope to go
back to sleep, and so do not intend making any changes on 't2' as root
now.

Dave