On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Jason Grout
<jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> On 5/28/10 7:47 PM, Vinod wrote:
>
>> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
>> Warning: Unable to open display 'localhost:12.0'.  You will not be
>> able to display graphics on the screen.
>>

> So now it's not a Sage question, but a question of how to run Matlab over an
> ssh session.  That's something that should have an answer somewhere, either
> through a google search or asking MathWorks.

No, that is not the problem at all.
What's happening is that he's giving code to Matlab that asks it to
pop up a plot.  Matlab
is then trying to make the plot appear on the screen using *XWindows*.
 Naturally, this fails
in the notebook -- it simply doesn't make any sense to do this.

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics