On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 11:39 pm, Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net> wrote:
> > More info, just in case:  Using latest Chrome browser, running Snow
> Leopard
> > latest. Intel.  Sorry about three questions in one post, just noticed.
>
> You have a more recent post about the LAN - does that mean this
> resolved itself, or just that you are ignoring it for now?

I've resolved it, thanks.

> 3) might just be because sagenb.org is running a newer Jmol setup; I
> can't remember if this is one of the side effects or not.

Could be, see below.

> 2) I have no idea!

I think the problem is solved if I use the .sws file export and upload that.

> 1) I wouldn't worry about, though it is troubling as it likely is
> another symptom of something.
>
> What happens when you try FF or Safari instead of Chrome?

I've tried both and they both see the same publish problem on sagenb.
 Locally publishing works fine on all browsers.  I did again upload a .sws
version of a local worksheet to the sagenb.org server.  The jmol applet did
not work!  So maybe just some sort of versioning problem.

Its possible that my workflow is odd, thus not noticed.  I develop locally
on a Mac Mini via the sage :8000 twisted server in worksheets.  I beam into
that via an older Macbook, and a  new Air to do distributed use of Sage.  I
am careful to "quit" the worksheet on one machine before editing on another
(I just use VNC/Screen Sharing to do so if I forget).  This all works fine.

Its only when I upload the worksheets to sagenb.org that I get conflicts so
its fairly clear I need to keep my distro in synch with the latest.
 Probably good practice anyway.

Thanks for the help!

        -- Owen