Jason,

regarding /tmp/uwsgi.sock I just change by hand its permission to 777
once it is created. Not an elegant way, I know, but it works.

I was confused about $SERVER and single-cell-server in your
instructions.
After the item 'Jmol'

the 'cd $SERVER/static' should be 'cd $SERVER/single-cell-server/
static'.

The item 'Single Cell Server' states:
-------------
First, minify CSS and JavaScript files (this is required):

cd $SERVER/static
make
---------------

and I think it should be

------------------
First, minify CSS and JavaScript files (this is required):

cd $SERVER/single-cell-server/static
make

Your excerpt of singlecell_config.py showed my error (I wrote
'python': sage -python in the device-config, in place of python='sage -
python' before device-config). I suggest inserting this part of
singlecell_config.py in the instructions.

So, now my server is working ok (I can use Sage!). Nevertheless, I
don't get plots yet (I did not patch Sage as indicated in your
instructions).

Thank you very much!

Francisco