Thanks. See inline below.

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Keshav Kini <keshav.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen <kjetil1...@gmail.com> writes:
>> I will try, but since I have not done this sort of things with sage before,
>> ¿How to do it? It is as simple as drop-in repacing one (or a few files) All
>> the
>> files have the same name(s) as corresonding old files, so now change to the
>> Makefile is necessary?
>
> Well, if you go to the ticket page I linked, you will see there is a
> list of commands you can paste into a terminal to do all the setup for
> you. Basically it amounts to applying a bunch of patches to Sage and
> installing a couple of SPKGs.
>
> (If you are not yet aware of it, larger parts of Sage such as bundled
> applications, or for example the notebook, are distributed as .spkg
> files, which are basically a tarball with an installer script inside.
> See the Sage developers' guide for more info - it's in the docs.)

I wnnt to the trac tickets page you referenced, and applied all the
patches as shown there.
But it does'nt seem to solve the problem!

Here is what happens (again, inside emacs)

kjetil@kjetil:~/sage/sage-5.0.rc0$ ./sage
| Sage Version 5.0.rc0, Release Date: 2012-05-01                     |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |
*                                                                    *
* Warning: this is a prerelease version, and it may be unstable.     *
*                                                                    *

sage: sage: sage: sage: notebook()
The notebook files are stored in: sage_notebook.sagenb
Upgrading model version to version 1
Done upgrading to model version 1
RuntimeError                              Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/kjetil/.sage/<ipython console> in <module>()

/home/kjetil/sage/sage-5.0.rc0/devel/sagenb/sagenb/notebook/notebook_object.py
in __call__(self, *args, **kwds)
    204     """
    205     def __call__(self, *args, **kwds):
--> 206         return self.notebook(*args, **kwds)
    207
    208     notebook = run_notebook.notebook_twisted

/home/kjetil/sage/sage-5.0.rc0/devel/sagenb/sagenb/notebook/run_notebook.py
in notebook_twisted(self, directory, port, interface, address,
port_tries, secure, reset, require_login, accounts, openid,
server_pool, ulimit, timeout, open_viewer, sagetex_path, start_path,
fork, quiet, subnets)
    429             print "*" * 70
    430
--> 431     port = find_next_available_port(interface, port, port_tries)
    432     if open_viewer:
    433         "Open viewer automatically isn't fully implemented.
You have to manually open your web browser to the above URL."

/home/kjetil/sage/sage-5.0.rc0/devel/sagenb/sagenb/misc/misc.py in
find_next_available_port(interface, start, max_tries, verbose)
    132             print "Port %s is already in use."%port
    133             print "Trying next port..."
--> 134     raise RuntimeError, "no available port."
    135
    136

RuntimeError: no available port.
sage:

(from a terminal emulator, the same thing happens)

Kjetil

--
"If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
human face - forever."

George Orwell (1984)