Hi

Thanks for reporting this. Many of the Depends: fields in sagemath need to
be updated. I will do so over the coming month or two.

In the meantime, simply to satisfy the dependency, add the ffmpeg from
saucy.-updates, which seems to be the last one.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=ffmpeg

So I suggest this (easily disabled later).

sudo -i
cat > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/saucy-updates.list << EOF
# Only for ffmpeg, to satisfy lingering sagemath-upstream-binary dependency
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy-updates main
EOF
apt-get update
apt-get install sagemath-upstream-binary

To remove later, after sagemath-upstream-binary is updated, (by me, and by
you from the PPA) do

sudo apt-get purge ffmpeg
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/saucy-updates.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get autoremove # check output and say yes if acceptable.

Regards,
Jan

On 19 April 2014 14:33, xunitc xc <xun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My os is ubuntu 14.04, I use the ppa like :
> apt-add-repository -y ppa:aims/sagemath
> apt-get update
> apt-get install sagemath-upstream-binary
>
> Then, I see "sagemath-upstream-binary : Depends: ffmpeg but it is not
> installable".
> And in this url:
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/432542/is-ffmpeg-missing-from-the-official-repositories-in-14-04
> I see the name ffmpeg is called libav-tools now.
>
> How can I install sage by ppa please?

  .~.
  /V\     Jan Groenewald
 /( )\    www.aims.ac.za