Dear Jan,

A slight precision below :

Le samedi 19 avril 2014 15:07:18 UTC+2, Jan Groenewald a écrit :

> Hi
>
> Thanks for reporting this. Many of the Depends: fields in sagemath need to
> be updated. I will do so over the coming month or two.
>
> In the meantime, simply to satisfy the dependency, add the ffmpeg from
> saucy.-updates, which seems to be the last one.
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=ffmpeg
>
> So I suggest this (easily disabled later).
>
> sudo -i
> cat > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/saucy-updates.list << EOF
> # Only for ffmpeg, to satisfy lingering sagemath-upstream-binary dependency
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy-updates main
> EOF
> apt-get update
> apt-get install sagemath-upstream-binary

This won't work directly, at least if you have (like me) added the "ffmpeg"
ppa (which won't install, since it neeeds libav54 libraries newer than
those available in trusty. Ouch ! ). You have to explicitely install the
saucy version :

apt-get install -t saucy -f ffmpeg

This is working for me.

To remove later, after sagemath-upstream-binary is updated, (by me, and by
> you from the PPA) do
>
> sudo apt-get purge ffmpeg
> sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/saucy-updates.list
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get autoremove # check output and say yes if acceptable.

This should work when the time comes. BTW : could you drop a note to that
effect somewhere on sage-support (or sage-release), in order to let us know
that it is time to clean up our systems ?

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier