Hi

On 19 April 2014 16:31, Emmanuel Charpentier
<emanuel.charpent...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Le samedi 19 avril 2014 16:25:41 UTC+2, Jan Groenewald a écrit :
>
>> Hi Emmanuel,
>>
>> Thanks for that. So I understand that without the ffmpeg PPA my solution
>> might work?
>>

> Probably (I didn't test it yet).
>

>> I have mailed sage-devel to sort out the dependencies, and I can perhaps
>> release an intermediate "new" version which is the same version of sagemath
>> but with new dependencies.
>>

> Thank you for that. One of the points of using ubuntu is not to have to
> worry about building binaries. It still will be 6.1.1, right ?

Yes (unless a new sage is released in the meantime).

I'm less strict about absolute dependencies since the purpose of the PPA is
to make it easy for people, easier than any manual installation, and some
Recommends: might become Depends: in this situation. However NONE of the
dependencies seem to be real dependencies to run sage, but for some
functionality, e.g.

openssl: run secure mode
imagemagick, some commands in sage
not my dependency, but "a browser" to run the notebook.

I want to have people not worry about these things. All functionality
should "just work". But we should also keep the Debian Way in mind, of
course.

Regards,
Jan

  .~.