Am 2014-08-08 um 17:18 schrieb Nils Bruin:
> On Friday, August 8, 2014 3:02:03 AM UTC-7, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> so doing
>
> sage: import sage.libs.ecl
> sage: sage.libs.ecl.ecl_eval("(ext:set-limit 'ext:heap-size 0)")
>
> might solve your problem.

Many thanks, this solved my original problem; I can run my computation
for the given parameter.

Now I have a new problem: I want to run it for different parameters, but
the memory is eaten up. It is not freed after each run.
I checked my code and nothing except the result (one RIF element) is
stored; I have removed all caches and even ran the garbage collector,
but no effect. There is still a huge amount of memory blocked (about 16 GB).
How can I free this memory or at least find out which object / software
package takes this memory?

Daniel