Hi

The missing file is a relatively new file:
https://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/commit/?id=8ccd4404feb6a610bc0b2f816ae74f38178d065d

I had not noticed the new file, and did not include it in
sagemath-upstream-binary-full. (Also Makefile.in and README.txt).
I've now added that to our debian install file, and other fixes (new files,
and some incorrect locations for docs)
https://bitbucket.org/aims_za/sagemath-upstream-binary/commits/67798a7f75cd92f03b17d9c0250c25ea6a656e74

You might be able to fetch two files, Makefile.in and generate_py_source.mk
here:
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/tree/master/src
and save them in your $SAGE_ROOT/ (/usr/lib/sagemath)
and try again. The exact versions from the 7.4 binary (for 14.04) are
attached.

(I'll only be updating the PPA with 7.5 due to the CPU bug
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21772
but thanks for spotting this)

Regards,
Jan

On 7 November 2016 at 09:51, Henri Girard <henri.gir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/automorphismfield.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/chart.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/curve.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/diff_form_module.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/diff_form.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/diff_map.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/__init__.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/levi_civita_connection.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/manifold_homset.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/manifold.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/metric.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/real_line.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/scalarfield_algebra.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/scalarfield.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/tangent_space.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/tangent_vector.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/tensorfield_module.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/tensorfield_paral.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/tensorfield.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/vectorfield_module.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/vectorfield.py
>>> src/sage/manifolds/differentiable/vectorframe.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/all.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/comp.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/ext_pow_free_module.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/finite_rank_free_module.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/format_utilities.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/free_module_alt_form.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/free_module_automorphism.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/free_module_basis.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/free_module_homset.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/free_module_linear_group.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/free_module_morphism.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/free_module_tensor.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/__init__.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/tensor_free_module.py
>>> src/sage/tensor/modules/tensor_with_indices.py
>>>
>>> Running ./sage -b to re-build Sage.
>>> (cd .                                        \
>>>  && export SAGE_ROOT=/doesnotexist                        \
>>>        SAGE_SRC=/doesnotexist                        \
>>>        SAGE_SRC_ROOT=/doesnotexist                        \
>>>        SAGE_DOC_SRC=/doesnotexist                        \
>>>        SAGE_SCRIPTS_DIR=/doesnotexist                    \
>>>        SAGE_BUILD_DIR=/doesnotexist                        \
>>>        SAGE_PKGS=/usr/lib/sagemath//build/pkgs                \
>>>        SAGE_CYTHONIZED=/usr/lib/sagemath//src/build/cythonized        \
>>>  && python -u setup.py build install)
>>> The directory '/home/pi/.cache/pip/http' or its parent directory is not
>>> owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the
>>> permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you
>>> may want sudo's -H flag.
>>> You are using pip version 8.1.2, however version 9.0.0 is available.
>>> You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip'
>>> make[1] : on entre dans le répertoire « /usr/lib/sagemath/src »
>>> make[1]: generate_py_source.mk : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
>>> make[1]: *** Aucune règle pour fabriquer la cible «
>>> generate_py_source.mk ». Arrêt.
>>> make[1] : on quitte le répertoire « /usr/lib/sagemath/src »
>>> ************************************************************************
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "setup.py", line 106, in <module>
>>>     raise DistutilsSetupError("{} failed".format(make_cmdline))
>>> DistutilsSetupError: make -f generate_py_source.mk
>>> SAGE_SRC=/usr/lib/sagemath/src failed
>>> ************************************************************************
>>> Error building the Sage library
>>> ************************************************************************
>>> Makefile:34 : la recette pour la cible « sage » a échouée
>>> make: *** [sage] Erreur 1
>>>
>>> Installation of SageManifolds 0.9.1 completed!
>>>

>>> Le 05/11/2016 à 18:19, Jan Groenewald a écrit :
>>>
>>> Sorry, I mean after testing for trusty and finding this problem, I left
>>> out xenial.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Jan

>>> --
>>>   .~.
>>>   /V\     Jan Groenewald
>>>  /( )\    www.aims.ac.za
>>>  ^^-^^
>>> --
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>>   .~.
>>   /V\     Jan Groenewald
>>  /( )\    www.aims.ac.za
>>  ^^-^^
>> --
>>

>> --

>   .~.
>   /V\     Jan Groenewald
>  /( )\    www.aims.ac.za
>  ^^-^^

  .~.
  /V\     Jan Groenewald
 /( )\    www.aims.ac.za
 ^^-^^

# This Makefile is called by setup.py
# to build some generated Python/Cython sources.

all: sage/libs/pari/auto_gen.pxi sage/ext/interpreters/__init__.py

# Auto-generated files
# TODO: Adjustments for VPATH builds will be necessary.
sage/libs/pari/auto_gen.pxi: $(SAGE_LOCAL)/share/pari/pari.desc \
        sage/libs/pari/decl.pxi sage_setup/autogen/pari/*.py
	python -c "from sage_setup.autogen.pari import rebuild; rebuild()"

sage/ext/interpreters/__init__.py: sage_setup/autogen/interpreters.py
	python -c "from sage_setup.autogen.interpreters import rebuild; rebuild('sage/ext/interpreters')"