Le 12/07/2019 à 11:56, Harald Schilly a écrit :
I've no idea why this is happening on CoCalc. My first guess is there is an
optional package installed, which is causing this.

As Simon already said, there is meataxe installed. While

Interestingly, this works:

matrix(GF(16), [[1,0], [0, 1]]) while matrix(GF(25), [[1,0], [0, 1]]) fails
with the above error.

This makes sense as their are tons of various implementations for
matrices.

sage: type(matrix(GF(16),[1]))
<class 'sage.matrix.matrix_gf2e_dense.Matrix_gf2e_dense'>
sage: type(matrix(GF(25),[1]))
<class 'sage.matrix.matrix_generic_dense.Matrix_generic_dense'>

The last one would be different with meataxe installed.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/cab4542a-daae-675f-14bb-b73c4d6de5c0%40gmail.com.