On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 4:51 PM Kashif Bari <kashb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe I was able to resolve the issue with mpc-1.1.0 by loading a more
> recent version of the texinfo package! Hopefully others who have this issue
> will be able to resolve it similarly.
>
> However, I ended up running into this issue when running make again:
>
> Error building Sage.
>
> The following package(s) may have failed to build (not necessarily
> during this run of 'make all-start'):
>
> * package: sqlite-3270100
>   log file: /scratch/user/kbari/sage-8.9/logs/pkgs/sqlite-3270100.log
>   build directory:
> /scratch/user/kbari/sage-8.9/local/var/tmp/sage/build/sqlite-3270100
>
> The build directory may contain configuration files and other potentially
> helpful information. WARNING: if you now run 'make' again, the build
> directory will, by default, be deleted. Set the environment variable
> SAGE_KEEP_BUILT_SPKGS to 'yes' to prevent this.
>
> make: *** [all-start] Error 1

this is a familiar problem, due to skew clocks on your system, I suppose.
Is /scratch/ a local filesystem? If not, you'd better try building on
a local filesystem.
(the problem is that sq
In the upcoming release one should be able to use  sqlite from the system,
thanks to https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/29002

One way around this should be to change the line

   sdh_configure

near the bottom of  build/pkgs/sqlite/spkg-install

to be

   sdh_configure --disable-maintainer-mode

and try again running make again.

(This change should make sqlite's ./configure less sensitive to skew clock)

HTH,
Dima