What would the current (Spring 2023) easiest instructions be for people to
install sage? I'm asking in support of an install-fest for students, so the
objective is to have easy solutions for giving students access on whatever
platform they have available.
I know about cloud-based solutions, so I'll definitely point them to those.
I'm asking for "the next step up".

In the install advice I see:
for OSX:
 - binary build of SageMath
<https://github.com/3-manifolds/Sage_macOS/releases> (looks like an
excellent solution)
- https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/sage (would be a great place to point
students to, because it's a rich environment for computational software).
However: https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/sage seems to indicate that
various architecture-specific builds are woefully outdated: "noarch" seems
to be on point, but the architecture-specific ones seem stuck on 9.2. Am I
reading the info wrong? Obviously I don't want to point people to 9.2
installs.

for windows:
 - OK WSL; that's great. However, it looks like Ubuntu would be the easiest
linux distribution to get and as far as I can see, Ubuntu has 9.5 packaged
at most? That's not great either.
 - conda: see above

for linux:
 - same thing.
 - conda: see above.

So is building from source the only way nowadays? That's sad. I'm fine
doing that for myself, but for an installfest, that's really not feasible.
Probably some machines will go in thermal meltdown as a result! Or should I
just send them to 9.2 and 9.5 etc.

Also: if students want to use packages like normaliz, can they install
those on binary installs? When I do it on source-built versions, it
triggers extensive recompilation.