I wish to make a correction to what Lloyd wrote.

I was not dissuaded to file a complaint. I was given a choice and i asked
alot of questions to find out what was involved in filing an FIR. The
calangute cops were quite helpful and polite.
Mr Patil convinced me that i should file a complaint.

Yvonne

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM, lloyd.ets <lloyd....@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
> All,
>
> As Yvonne mentioned in her email below about the thief at the Calangute
> flat, since the FIR report was was not filed at the police station, this
> dangerous man was a free man after two days and is now acting so bold and
> arrogant.
>
> Yes, when such cases are brought to most police stations in Goa, the
> police may discourage you from fililng the FIR report, telling that you
> will be needed to come often to the police station any time you are called
> and will also need to attend court cases, etc.
> It makes you wonder whether these cops are properly trained to do the job
> they are supposed to do, or are competent enough, or are they not
> interested in doing their job or whether they are they on the side of the
> criminal and don't care if such type of criminal cases continue.
>
> In Yvonne's case,  thanks to Mr. Patil (retired cop of Saligao).
> He not only helped to trap and capture the thief, he also took Yvonne on
> his own bike to the poilce station, and when the cops were dissauding her
> from filing the the FIR (with the usual reasons mentioned above), Mr. Patil
> encouraged Yvonne to file the FIR and even helped in wording it out for
> her.
> (In fact, I would like to call Mr. Patil the *Super Cop of Sailago* and
> am proud to have such a person in our neighbourhood).
>
> Dear friends, if for any unfortunate reason you have to approach the
> police station, and if your case is strong enough, please file the FIR and
> help make Saligao a safer place to live in.
>
> Regards,
> Lloyd

  • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
    • ... Ashley Delaney
    • ... nicolasdesousa
      • ... Yvonne Vaz Ezdani
        • ... lloyd.ets