I fully agree with Annette on this. Once you get into this road naming game, there's no end to it--the only fallout will be a whole lot of grief for everyone. Hundreds of productive hours will be wasted on inane deliberations and arguments and it will be impossible to keep everyone happy. Instead, we'd all do well to devote whatever spare time we have to more constructive projects.

I'd say leave the naming business to the politicians--they seem to have a lot of time to waste and nothing better to do anyway.

Regards

- Val

Kevin, Rico & like-minded Saligaonkars,

Nice & good thoughts, but let them be just that. The various house names are enough & the colloquial names for lanes & bridges - nobody can quibble over them since considerered as inheritance, came down through the ages - he he! But naming streets, roads, lanes & bylanes??? .... forget it!

From past experience, I can tell you that you'll have people (neighbours & friends alike) making verbal mincemeat of each other & a few ashes will be raked in/out - grrh! These are my thoughts after hearing people around Saligao talking & rumbling over names - especially older folks. & we definitely dont want to upset them. The youngsters couldnt care less what is named after whom.

Have a nice day!

Annette