Ooh la la!

Kevin, your logic is irrefutable and your arguments are well-reasoned. If a majority feels this is a worthwhile project to undertake, so be it. Indeed, my concern was never with the concept itself, but whether spending time and effort on something like this was worth it right now.

Ummm, well, all in a nutshell eh?

it's so difficult to get off the "collective ass" and actually do something concrete. Everyone talks, but everyone waits for everyone else to raise the first leg! [I humbly accept that I'm one of the worst culprits in this regard].

Hiya Val, is this an edited version of your original mail? Would have loved to read the unedited version - what a pity you have to stick within the confines of polite ....whatever... rules are rules eh? I loved it, I was grinning like the proverbial cheshire cat - ear to ear, and all that. I agree I'm also among the collective except for the odd letter or two to the Govt. Depts & copied to Dr. Willie. Anyway, what can we do from so far away, only make suggestions & wait for someone to take them up or let them die a natural death. So definitely not project coordinator material,thank goodness,. wouldnt know where to start. Only had a little experience here with Summer Camp for children in the Club - at least trying to get them to read magazines, newspapers & quizzing them, very few showed interest, they were more interested in sports part of the summer camp. That's why I feel sorry for the Reading Department of Saligao Institute & for Rico & his attempts - very frustrating it is to have youngsters looking at you as if you were speaking a language other than what they speak. Competitions, the promise of prizes, felicitations etc. couldnt budge them. I'm not volunteering my services for summer camp this year, no way, though I doubt there is one on.

So any idea what the road leading to Lourdes Convent is going to be named?

I'm off to Church - Will pray for all these projects & you all.

Ta ra
Annette