With the construction of new houses and older ones being sold off, this
system may not be sufficient.
Directing visitors to unfamiliar areas of the village requires vague references to
landmarks and distances usually denoted by the time it takes to get there I'm not recommending having a name for every piggy causeway that exists but
celebrating appropriate venues with the names of illustrious villagers.

Kevin, your logic is irrefutable and your arguments are well-reasoned. If a majority feels this is a worthwhile project to undertake, so be it. Indeed, my concern was never with the concept itself, but whether spending time and effort on something like this was worth it right now.

We've talked about so many projects these past couple of years on Saligaonet, but not a single one is anywhere near off the ground (I'm not blaming any individuals here, but in a way we're all 'collectively' responsible). That's the problem with 'collective' responsibility and 'community' action -- it's so difficult to get off the "collective ass" and actually do something concrete. Everyone talks, but everyone waits for everyone else to raise the first leg! [I humbly accept that I'm one of the worst culprits in this regard].

I guess what we need is a 'project coordinator' -- appointed by consensus for each project -- who would then be responsible and accountable to make sure the project actually gets off the mailing list and into the real world, and gets completed in real time -- with assistance from everyone else who offers to help, of course.

Cheers

- Val

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--W-E-B--S-I-T-E--=-=-=-=-=-= To Subscribe/Unsubscribe from Saligaonet | http://www.goacom.com/saligao_tinto/ ============================================================================ * Send e=mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (NOT [EMAIL PROTECTED]) * Leave SUBJECT blank <--- Commom Mistake !! * On first line of the BODY of your message, type: subscribe saligaonet YOUR.EMAIL OR unsubscribe saligaonet YOUR.EMAIL Questions/Problems? Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]