From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Carroll, Andy
Sent: Wed Aug 28 6:58 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [SA-list] Checking NT Server Times

(this is a 2nd resend of this message as I haven't seen any response and it
may not have reached the list, apologies if you already seen this...)

I would like to be able to check the time, preferably to the second, across
a number of servers, currently 13. Does anyone have any ideas how I could
implement this using SA.

I am monitoring servers that are all running against an Oracle database
system and I need to make sure that there is no significant time lapse
across these servers to avoid problems with the data entered into the
tables.

My initial thoughts are just to use 'net time', creating a batch file that
pulls the current time from each server and comparing the times, however
this only seems to allow me to check to the minute and I would like greater
control of this check. Has anyone used any other utility for this sort of
check that I could possibly add to my SA configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Andy Carroll
Intergraph Public Safety