Agreed !

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 4:56 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Checking NT Server Times

I understand what you are saying but if you want to verify that the servers
are configured correctly.

I guess there is no way to push out a standard config for time to make sure
the times are set correctly...so if you have a server that is incorrectly
configured (i.e. wrong time zone) or the skew configured by the network is
incorrect but the service is running and able to query the time source - you
are not going to be able to catch it.

I think it really comes down to how accurate do they need it.  For 13
servers, it is easy enough to install a (s)ntp solution on each server.

Jack