Title: Message
Agree totally! I also use Kiwi syslog and can recommend what it does/what you you can do with it to anyone on the list. I've stretched it legs a couple of times hitting it with >170000 messages in a 24 hour period and your right the scriptingand archiving functionality is rock solid. That said the same thing can be achieved with a *nix box configured the right way (NO I'M NOT A *NIX [or Windows] ZEALOT)

Dave C

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Gary Thompson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 July 2003 8:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Feature Requests

I use Kiwi Syslog along with Servers Alive, and it has an archive function that is programmable.  I use it to move the log files to another drive (huge cheap storage) where they collect until the "Big Corporate Backup" happens, at which point they are deleted.

J. Gary Thompson

Director of Information Technologies
Network Operations Center
937.836.9995 ext. 1501