At 01:04 AM 2/16/2005, you wrote:

The freespace checks gives you the free space of the share, the way the OS
reports it.

He's not referring to a share, but a mount point.

In this case the OS reports it wrong also.

I.e. if I have C:\ and it has 1 gig free, and I add physical drive to the computer (say 40gig) and mount it to C:\newspace, a DIR C:\ will still only show 1 gig free, but a dir of C:\newspace will show 40 gig free. (at least if done from the OS level.)

It's annoying, to say the least.

Dirk.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:33 AM
To: salive@woodstone.nu
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Major product checks missing?

Being able to disk free using volume mount points in Windows 2003

E.G. when you mount a volume as a folder being able to get the free disk
space that is for that volume rather than the host drive.

Add a spare hard disk to a computer and mount the volume to a folder
rather than a drive letter and then try to get the free disk space for
that folder only.  Everything seems to only return the space for the
drive that holds the folder.

If that makes any sense.

Davey

To unsubscribe from a list, send a mail message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] With the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe SAlive

Greg D. Moore Director of IT [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Powerone Media 1-800-6POWER6 http://www.poweronemedia.com
Security Tip: When possible, use a passphrase instead of a password.