From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of per ohlsson
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:36 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: Re: [SA-list] External COM checks

We would like some checks on Netware. For example if a module is loaded or
not.
Also a check that checks (!) if a file (ascii) contains a word somewhere.

We do checks on fax software and the only way we have found a failed
transmission is if the connection time is 00:00:00 in it's log file.
 Now I run a batchfile for this and let an findtext create a failed-file and
Salive check the size of that file. Greater than 1 byte is down!
Best regards
Per Ohlsson

>>> "Dirk Bulinckx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2006-08-17 17:20 >>>
As you know we already a have a "long" list of COM checks available.
And we would like to know if there are some checks (COM checks) that are
missing (in your opinion that is).

Specific ones (for a real specific task/application) or more generic ones.

Just tell us...

Dirk Bulinckx.

To unsubscribe send a message with UNSUBSCRIBE as subject to
salive@woodstone.nu If you use auto-responders (like out-of-the-office
messages), then make sure that they are not send to the list nor to the
individual members of the list that send a message.  Doing this will get you
removed from the list.