I've had this ever since upgrading to v6 and was hoping the final
release of 6.1 would fix it but it hasn't.

The good news is that I can reproduce the hang and CPU thrashing.

I have 2 SA servers, both on Win2003 R2 SP2, both running SA as a
service logging in as LocalSystem. One server is the main one with about
400 checks and the other just checks the first SA server with 3 checks -
a ping, a service check and a log file time stamp check.

If I reboot a server and let the SA service start, everything is fine.
The problems arise once I have logged in to the server using RDP and
connecting to the console.

A scenario would be:

RDP into the server console, double click on the SA icon, make some
changes to alerts, save settings file. Click X in top right of SA and it
returns to the icon in the system tray as expected. If I stay logged on
everything is fine, however I log off and RDP closes then SA maxes out
the CPU and stops running it's checks.

Both servers exhibit the same problem in the same situation.

To fix it I have to kill the serversalive.exe process and restart the
service BUT then stay logged in and just close RDP.

Any ideas?

Steve