I’m connecting with the /console option (the SA icon doesn’t appear
when it’s running as a service and you don’t connect to the
console)

From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chad
Stiller
Sent: 06 March 2008 17:46
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Latest build of SA is hanging and maxing out the CPU

But when you RDP in to the server are you doing so as /console or just a
virtual/terminal session? So long as only one instance is spawned in total you
should be okay, but it requires a direct or console connect - if you remote in
to a virtual desktop it can cause problems.

Other than that my v6 and now 6.1 as of earlier this week do not exhibit the
same issue, although I am not running on a server OS yet for my main SA
machine.

Chad

>>> "Steve Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/6/2008 10:30 AM >>>
No, I mean when I log in and SA is running as a service, the SA logo is
displayed in the system tray automatically in the bottom right of the
screen. So when I double click on it I'm accessing the currently running
SA service. I'm NOT running it again from the Start Menu.

The SA service logs in as LocalSystem and is allowed to interact with
the desktop.

If you use auto-responders (like out-of-the-office messages), then make sure
that they are not send to the list nor to the individual members of the list
that send a message. Doing this will get you removed from the list.
This inbound email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
System on behalf of Electronic Media Ltd.