From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Steve Davis
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 4:16 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list] Latest build of SA is hanging and maxing out the CPU

I've had this ever since upgrading to v6 and was hoping the final
release of 6.1 would fix it but it hasn't.

The good news is that I can reproduce the hang and CPU thrashing.

I have 2 SA servers, both on Win2003 R2 SP2, both running SA as a
service logging in as LocalSystem. One server is the main one with about
400 checks and the other just checks the first SA server with 3 checks -
a ping, a service check and a log file time stamp check.

If I reboot a server and let the SA service start, everything is fine.
The problems arise once I have logged in to the server using RDP and
connecting to the console.

A scenario would be:

RDP into the server console, double click on the SA icon, make some
changes to alerts, save settings file. Click X in top right of SA and it
returns to the icon in the system tray as expected. If I stay logged on
everything is fine, however I log off and RDP closes then SA maxes out
the CPU and stops running it's checks.

Both servers exhibit the same problem in the same situation.

To fix it I have to kill the serversalive.exe process and restart the
service BUT then stay logged in and just close RDP.

Any ideas?

Steve