You can already change check timeout for groups or types of checks using the
changes wizard.

I would also like to offer my opinion that spending time on an autodiscover
feature is less important than the current task of revamping the host file
system.  If the host file was a different file (i.e. a database) then you could
use any number of other autodiscover utilities and do a mass import.

This would also address the timeout because presumably you could write your own
utility to do mas changes.

As far monitoring internal health of systems many of those can be monitored
using the perfmon checks.   Wouldn't hurt to look at what is available using
perfmon and then stating what else in particular you would like to check.

Jason Passow
Network Administrator
Mississippi Welders Supply
http://www.mwsco.com