It means that the data that was received by the remote agent contained invalid
data based on the protocol specs, this could be due to a network issue

From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:salive@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
Riki Oshita
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 12:16 AM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list]

I get down alerts from my remote agents occasionally and was wondering if you
could help me understand  them. Here is what it shows in the log:

Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:54:55 PM External COM check (,34):ERROR: Invalid
data received from remote server. Protocol error.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:55:09 PM Remote Agent check (2,32):ERROR: Invalid
data received from remote server. Protocol error.

I’m not sure if I have something configured improperly or if something
else would be causing this but it usually comes back up on the second or third
cycle (I have it check every 5 minutes).

Riki Oshita

SLK.US, Inc.

r...@slk.us (mailto:r...@slk.us)

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause