Thanks for the response

The device is down.  Just clicking the set maintenance link SAWeb in IE doesn't
set it to maintenance mode.  It will continue to show as down in a generated (
with a template ) web page.

If I use properties for the link and retrieve the url it uses to set it to
maintenance - http : //SAServer:4310/saweb?uid=3019&active=false and fire that
with wget, it does set it to maintenance and it shows propery on the generated
web page..

But I think I have figured out at least a workaround - if not the actual cause.
 I was using the hostname as shown in documentation.  And the urls  look like
...SAServer:4310...  If I start SAWeb with SAServer.famhs.org  ( my fqdn ) it
works as I would expect.  Not sure I quite understand why it doesn't work with
short name but using fqdn is certainly not a hardship and would be the proper
way to do it anyway.

Thanks again.

IT-Works on site @ Fort HealthCare
peter.tur...@forthc.com | Sr Sys Integration Architect | Fort HealthCare |