On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Si Owen wrote:

> I'm crap at sound stuff so I've never bothered with it, but I'd be
> interested to know how demanding it would be to emulate it at that sort of
> low level.  Simon might write us a nice DirectSound version :-)

Here's hoping :)
As for demanding - do you mean on the processor or the programmer ? ;)

At the moment i have my CSAASound class plugged into some very skeletal
wave output code on a K6-233, and i've not seen the cpu load rise above 5%
(this is at 44100hz,stereo,16 bit)[1]. Alas, I've not implemented a
bandpass filter yet, that might eat the cpu a bit.

> Si

dave

[1] Measured using WinTop - which might be too crap to be of any use