> PCX is compressed, so it *can* be smaller than BMP.

        Should save quite a bit with the usual SAM graphics, especially since
you are going to need 12 palette changes to go over the single pixel
encoding limit.

        Just by the way (and my reason for posting), you are aware that some PC
paint programs have problems with pcx encoded RLE runs over 32 pixels,
while others are fine? I don't know what the PCX format officially
allows (for those who don't know, there is bit room to store a run
length of 63), but this might become an issue . . .

                -Thomas