> > PCX is compressed, so it *can* be smaller than BMP.
>
> Should save quite a bit with the usual SAM graphics, especially since
> you are going to need 12 palette changes to go over the single pixel
> encoding limit.
>
> Just by the way (and my reason for posting), you are aware that some PC
> paint programs have problems with pcx encoded RLE runs over 32 pixels,
> while others are fine? I don't know what the PCX format officially
> allows (for those who don't know, there is bit room to store a run
> length of 63), but this might become an issue . . .
>
> -Thomas

I Neither program my own PCX code, nor do some strange mirroring of lines
(as somebody described for BMP). I just use the existing PCX/BMP routines.
So I don't know much about it.

Aley [eili] Keprt - student, programmer (multimedia soft. etc.)
                    phone: +420-68-538 70 35
     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***  http://get.to/aley