ed postings. This also seems to the feeling of other list
> subscribers
> from what they've said to me so I have taken it apon myself to create
> another mailing
> list:
>
> The Sam Developer Forum

Colin, I have nothing but respect for the work you've done on the
SAM, I think that the Quazar is a great piece of hardware, (And yes,
I know I never bought one, but so many other things in my life
conspired to cost money, now that I'm in the USA, there's not much
point...  :( ).  I think that you've developed a lot of good
software, I like Stratosphere.  I think that the dedication you show
by releasing Soundbyte regularly is second to none.

I also think that this other mailing list is a REALLY ill-conceived
idea.  I know there's a lot of off-topic conversation here, but
really, as Ian points out - 8 posts a day is a problem?  YOU can
start an on-topic discussion on THIS list.  People won't ignore it.

And no emulation?  At the moment, I can't afford to get my SAM
shipped across the Atlantic and get the requesit hardware to actually
use the thing.  I mean, do you really expect me to do that?  So here
I am, someone who received his SAM *before* Christams 1989, and has
kept up the faith ever since, and I'm being excluded from your list,
as the only SAM I can access here is a virtual one?

We *don't* have the posts to support two lists, and I won't be
joining the new one.  I just hope it doesn't kill this one.

We've developed a community over the last ten years, and thanks to
this we all have a lot of friends whom we would not have otherwise.
And shocking as it may seem, the community we've formed sometimes
goes beyond the SAM and we talk off-topic.  Big problem, eh?  Such a
high volume.  Not.

I think the best thing to do here is to start and contribute to the
relevant threads, and for the rest of it - enjoy the ride!
--
James R Curry - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The Balloon Doggies DEMANDED it!"