Paul Walker wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Gavin Smith wrote:
>
> > You obviously don't use the net as much as me! Before I got the 0800
> > number, my phone bills were massive! Now I can download things like
>
> It's not permanent 0800 access, though, is it? ie 24/7?
>
> If so, then I might consider using AOL. If I can find a way to dial up using
> Linux.

If it wasn't, I certainly wouldn't be using it ;) It is, 24/7, permanent
connection - but, as I said, it was a trial they were running, whilst
the trial proved unviable for them (i.e. I probably stayed connected day
and night pissing them off!), they decided not to introduce it publicly
- so only 100 people have got it. Sorry!

Gavin