Yes, WinCoupe does exist.
Si Owen is the man responsible - I have passed your message on to him.
WinCoupe has not (as far as I'm aware) been 'officially released' yet and I
believe Si will only release WinCoupe when he's prepared to release the
source code (because WinCoupe is to be covered by some sort of GPL-style
licence)

I expect if you search the archives of this mailing list you will find some
mention of WinCoupe and perhaps links to download an earlier version of it.

I will shortly be releasing the source code to my SAASound sound emulation
library (as used by SAAEmu 0.60 and newer, and also WinCoupe) but I don't
know anything about the whole public-domain/GPL/whatever stuff. If someone
would like to (discretely) point me in the correct direction (or simply tell
me what I must do / must not do to ensure that the source is freely
distributable whilst maintaining some kind of 'protection' over SAASound -
in that I will not allow other people to release versions of SAASound
without my permission and say-so over the new code unless I decide to change
my mind over this in the future or unless it is made clear that the version
of SAASound created by this third party has nothing to do with me - and that
all versions of SAASound (especially such versions created without my
consent) contain the names and (optionally) contact addresses (email or
otherwise) of all people involved and that all versions of SaaSound contain
all the source code) then that would be great.

I'm no lawyer but I'd still like to maintain control over SAASound