At 3:13 pm +0100 30/5/00, Howard Price wrote:
>Course, I had to work
>out how long each piece was before it looped, and then reset your player,

Er, how do you mean?

> Mack told me once that you made the
>compiler without any help from BZYK, is that true?

Yes, absolutely.

>  And can anyone put this
>great package out into the public domain or something?  Or make it run on
>my Atom harddisk?  I'd love it if you could.  Fiscally.

If you just mean my compiler, then I don't see a problem with distributing
it and it should work fine from the Atom.

But since you probably meant the main ProTracker2 package, that's a bit
more complicated. Not only do we have the usual Sam Coupe copyright
problems (i.e. a copyright holder who is no longer active in the Sam market
but has not released the copyrights) but even if we could get around that,
there's also the problem that Persona used non-trivial copy protection,
which someone would have to entirely decode in order to make a
atom-compatible version.

I could probably do it, after exams maybe, but it would take time away from
other projects and I'm not going to do that unless I can legally distribute
the results.

>I think I'll cobble together a little player program for the music I wrote

I did write a play-by-BASIC-interrupts routine, which I can only assume was
distributed on the same disks as the compiler?? It certainly was supposed
to have been.

>- it's the finest chipmusic known to man AS ENDORSED BY THE PAPAL STATE.

Mmmkay.

Andrew
--
 ---   Andrew Collier ([EMAIL PROTECTED])   -----     Can't think of a quote