Gavin Smith wrote:

> Ian Collier wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 12:07:57AM +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
> > >                     I know this is a common problem with viewing
> > > websites on a Mac, and then a PC, so what am I doing wrong? Any ideas?
> >
> > Yes, it sounds like what you are doing wrong is expecting it to appear
> > identically on different browsers.  This isn't the nature of the web...
> >
> > imc
>
> Thanks for your helpful/patronizing words :) As I said, this is a
> *platform* issue, not a browser issue - it looks the same on all
> browsers on the Mac or PC, but the text appears bigger in the Windows
> browsers and therefore messes up alignment etc.

Mac's show the text at about 1 size smaller than on other machines, for
whatever reason.  SO for example, looking at Size 2 on a Mac looks the
same size as looking at Size 1 on a PC. Size 1 is almost unreadable on a
Mac (which is a bugger, cos its the nicest looking size on a PC).

The only option I've found is to use size 2 (which is probably what you
are doing) - its fine on a Mac, and as long as you stick to
verdana/sans-serif font it looks ok.  Bit annoying or what?

It is just a platform matter though - all browsers on a PC will display
the size fairly similar, (MSIE seems a bit bigger usually), and all Mac
browsers will display slightly smaller than a PC.  You can probably fix
it by setting up the browser settings.  Or buying Mac users really
strong specs.

fitz

--
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ#11077801