----- Original Message -----
From: Edwin Blink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: Renegade game ?

> > >It _was_ going to end up on my website as 'what might have been', but
if
> > >anyone is interested, I might get active on it again.
>
> I'm Interested and I think many others will also be interested ..., and
> maybe I will get back to work on the stalled project SAMtipede or Monster
> Racers again. (maybe I'll also put  some of that unfished game/demo stuff
> online)

OOOOOOO! Centipede!!! Yay!!! And Missile Command, please!!!!
What's Monster Racers?

If you are genuinely interested in getting Deadly Addiction resurrected, I
should warn you I'm going to be bloody slow. If you know of any other
artists who could do backgrounds, for example, that'd be a bonus. Steve
Pick's background for the demo was awesome, though very derivitive of
Target: Renegade. Very few of my attempts lived up to that (I'm happy with
most of my Level One, and a couple of screens from a later level).

> > Deeeeeefinitely :) I remember Malcolm Mackenzie talking about it on
> > the phone a number of times - I think he even said his son was
> > playing around with it or was that the other fighting game that was
> > being done at that time?
>
> Yes I remember it. Wish I got that demo ...

I got _a_ demo. Not much to it. Sprites sucked (sorry, Steve), and it was
mainly a showcase of the fact that the player sprites moved, and could
interact, though the collision detection only worked within a limited area
(compared to Streets of Rage, Final Fight, etc). Lots of potential, but a
very, very early demo generally will show lots of potential.

I heard some things about SAMFighter, even bookmarked the website, hoping to
see progress, but it disappeared. I was vaguely interested in it, to the
extent that I toyed with the idea of suggesting a secret 'one-on-one grudge
match' option in Deadly Addiction. That, and 'Penguin Mode'.

Gord.