Hi,

> Doing some belated spring cleaning, I and my son felt eager to set up the
> Sam Coupe and have a play around.  It hasn't been used for a few years and
> when a software disk is put in and F9 is pressed I got error code 53 NO
> DOS.  Tried several disks and got the same, does that mean that the
> internal disk drive has died (never woke up)?

I occasionally get this for no reason with my Sam.  I find pop the disk
out the drive, and press reset a few times.  Normally I get a nice
"crunch" sound come from the drive with one of the resets, plop the disk
back in and works no problem.

Of course, that's dark magic that may only work with my Sam....

HTH,
        Tim