Top tip for Football League Manager was to sell virtually all of your team
( I think you could play with about four players) - you'll finish bottom for
the first season, but then you'll be able to buy some class a few years
later and climb up the league steadily.

Or you could press ESCape and find the variables to change, a la Footy
Director 2. It's a pity the SAM was never used to write a proper footy
management game because with 512k of ram it could have chucked the old
numbers around easily - our own Championship Manager. And perhaps we could
even defy convention by writing one in code rather than BASIC. Would SAM C
not help here?

Johnna