> on 27/2/01 6:37 pm, Aley Keprt at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > My shit-favourites include Future Ball, Defenders, Sam Strikes Out, and
all
> > those hundreds of really stupid "games" written in Basic. (Of course
there
> > are also reasonable games written in Basic, I'm not insulting Basic.)
>
> The question was about commerical games - I don't think there were
hundreds
> of "stupid" BASIC games released commerically.

You're right, but please don't be so pedantic. You can be never sure what
exactly was commercially publiched. Many authors sold their simple basic
programs, although they probably didn't sell many copies. I - for example -
sold 3 copies of my two Sam games. Horribly terrible...

> > As I've seen on Sam parties in my country and around me, the no.1 here
is
> > Snake Mania (by E.S.I.). Similarly to no.1 smash-hit Tetris 2 (by
Fuxoft) on
> > ZX Spectrum. (What's interesting: Both these games were made outside
UK.)

> Possibly it's number 1 (in your opinion) in your country *because* it was
> made outside the UK?

Absolutely not! I don't think this way.
I just wrote this, because I wonder if people in the UK has good knowledge
of foreign games (or other programs, music, etc.). Maybe I'm too pesimistic,
but I assume that you in UK don't look much to foreign games for ZX
Spectrum/Sam. At least when I looked to Crash/YS mags, I've seen many not
extremely good UK games rated 90%, but usually only one foreign game in each
issue.

> > You can also count all action games on Sam - none of them is enjoyable
of
> > funny. Maybe Prince Of Persia has superb graphics and music, but isn't
it
> > quite boring?
>
> No, it's a *great* game! Bloody hell! (Disregarding the bugs though :)

As a programmer I like it, it's a great work. As a player it's really too
boring for me. I bet many or maybe most people like PoP. I don't like the
idea. If PoP's author spent time on other games, e.g. Turrican, it could be
much better.

> A little voice in my head keeps telling me you're just trying to start
flame
> wars but I will of course ignore it ;)
>
> Gavin

What flame wars? Don't call for them.....