Aley Keprt wrote:
> Could we made also music database? I mean music from games, demos etc.
> I have ripped tens of music modules from several games and demos (for
> my player SamPlay distributed together with SAAemu), but I haven't
> released many of them because of copyright issues.

Is the copyright problem because you're using the original music playing
code?  Would storing the generated register data instead be a way around
that?  Not sure...

> Similar project also exists alongside World Of Spectrum.
> The problem is that there's no "official" music module format for
> Sam (like .AY for Spectrum), and nobody seems to be interested in
> helping me ripping the music.

I guess we'd need something pretty similar, just with different ports and an
SAA emulation.  What file format are you using for the SAM stuff at the
moment?

I've been thinking about adding support for Mac Buster's AZX format
(http://www.void.jump.org/AZXformat.txt) to SimCoupé, so it could save out
SAA data with time stamps.  It's maybe slight overkill for storing regular
tunes, but certainly a lot better than any regular audio format, and would
be accurate enough to support sound sample playback too.