From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Dean Woodyatt
Sent: 08 March 2002 11:50
To: 'sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no'
Subject: RE: Games

well, in this case, the house has allready been painted, the software is out
there, people are using it for free anyway, and theres plenty of places
other than the official sam FTP site,

so why not embrace that not bitch about it, chances are EVERYONE on the
group has sam related software that they shouldnt have, so stop being so
bloody hypocritical.

if anyone here was serious about their copyright and selling their software
then there would be websites advertising it (congradulations to colin for
doing this, i can understand and therefore comply with his grumbles)
but if there is a demand for stuff that isnt being sold, and the authors
arent doing anything to fulfil the demand, then sod them, theres no point
belching up "i hold the copyright so....stop, yadda yadda yadda." bollocks,
this pig-headedness only infuriates people so they copy the stuff anyway.

IF however the copyright holders said "i have the copyright, so send me a
few $$ for my work please, or some beer vouchers, etc etc" i wouldnt mind,
i've happilly paid for stuff in the past, and would continue to do so.

Dean