tatus: O

Simon Owen wrote:

> David wrote:
> > Anyone checked this site out - as mentioned on CSS?
> >
> > http://dunkels.com/adam/contiki/
>
> Enough to think it's do-able for the SAM! ;-)  Most of it's in C, with some
> glue sections in 6502 which could be converted by hand.  The close
> integration of the application and IP levels is nice, and certainly removes
> a lot of buffering complications (despite it not being compatible an
> interface compatible with anything else).  It's all impressively small too,
> so there'd be no need for SAM paging complications either. :-)

Looks great, if I was a C64 nutter, I'd be wetting my pants. As I'm a SAM
nutter, my pants are still slightly moistened. If this was ported, would we be
able to run native SAM apps on top of it? Could we drop down into BASIC? If we
couldn't do these things, it wouldn't really be like using our SAMs - very
interesting but not SAM-like. I still dream of seeing my SAM on the net with a
little text web browser, basic email client, telnet, IRC etc - whilst still
being able to access BASIC (and BASIC being able