I would certainly try to be there, Norwich is my home town.  Which venue
did you have in mind?

Adrian.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Tarquin Mills
Sent: 18 August 2003 22:24
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: East Coast take over offer

/me dons flame protective suit with tie with the robot printed on it

Spectrum and SAM Show (ORSAM)
-----------------------------
Hi
  My name is Tarquin Mills (Shadowtlx) I never managed to get to the
original Gloucester shows because I lived in Aberdeen and was very poor
at the time. The Sinclair QL still has regular shows (I am organising
one) and this is how I got in to the QL. However my real love
is the Spectrum

/me lowers visor

and YS (including Sam Centre) so I want to organise a Spectrum and Sam
Show to be held each year (on the same date). I will pay the cost of 45
pounds for hiring of a building with use of the car park for the day.
The show will be free to all (traders and visitors), food will provide
as well, at a cost.

<Knowledgeable Sam User> Wheres the catch?

It will be in the fine city of Norwich, which has an airport, railway,
bus station (the main one, is near the venue). Norwich is said to be the
best kept mediaeval city in England with two cathedrals, a castle and
cobbled streets. This is not a piss up, a reunion or opportunity to talk

about crisp flavours (i.e. CSS), it is a show about the Sinclair ZX
Spectrum and SAM. My only condition is that enough people turn up to
make
it worth while, i.e. magazines etc advertise it. I will not do any
advertising myself (as I do it badly) and do not want to be standing
there with a lone person who has travelled a long way to be there,
looking very embarrassed. So the question is, will you come? I do not
expect that many, as I am used to QL shows. Please bring extension
cables
with you, as the venue lacks sockets in the main hall :-(. I want to
hold
it this year, say beginning of November.
  Lets go Coupe Crazy.

<Knowledgeable Sam User> /join #nORwich spectrum and SAM show

/me remove flame protective suit
/me get big water hose ready

--
                       Tarquin Mills

Bring back YS (Then you can ZIP to the Stars with YS, hurrah. Ed)
http://www.planet14.sonow4u.co.uk/